"The Life I Want To Live" I Don't Want To Waste My Life Pursuing Things Which Won't Count In Posterity And Eternity - Omen Bassey - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

"The Life I Want To Live" I Don't Want To Waste My Life Pursuing Things Which Won't Count In Posterity And Eternity - Omen Bassey

Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

I don't want to waste my life pursuing things which won't count in posterity and eternity.I don't want to live in the mundane realm which assesses life on clothes, shoes, phones, cars, houses etc. 


I'm not in any way against those good things but I'm absolutely convinced that there's a purpose for my existence beyond them.

There's a problem I was created to solve.Until I play my part effectively in that regard, life will be a colossal waste.

I want to live beyond 80.Many times, I ask myself, "what does it feel to be 80?" "What are the things which give fulfilment at that age?" "At that time when one prepares to meet the Creator, what memories will he hold dear?"

By then, partying would have ceased, work would have ended, new relationships might not be contracted, personal achievements would have lost their appeal, driving may no longer be possible and even our once adorable houses may loose their allure. This is when we are mostly left alone to reflect on how we spent our lives.

Mistakes can no longer be corrected. Consequences of wrong decisions made in our earlier days will still stare us in the face.The things which made us proud suddenly look foolish. 

Handsomeness eaten up by wrinkles and wealth, a burden to administer. Days of power and physical strength pale into mere memories.

I will no longer be able to do most of the things I failed to do.

I will rarely attend social functions. Business partners and political associates may no longer come around. Servants and official subordinates may no longer be at my beck and call. 

Children will be busy living their own lives just as I lived mine.They will no doubt call, visit and care. But will that bring fulfilment and erase the regrets?

It seems to me that most old men have lots of regrets which they are unable to divulge for fear of being labelled a failure. It seems to me that after the cacophony of youth, most people realise the true meaning of life when it's already late.

So, in that lonely moment of reflection, what can I hold on to?Which of my youthful pursuits and accomplishments will still make sense?Which of the things I laboured for will retain relevance?What can I boldly present to my Creator as my scorecard at the end of my earthly sojourn?

I don't think I will tell Him about the cars I bought and the houses i built for myself. If He decides to credit me with those things He gave to aid my journey, it will be entirely based on His sovereign prerogative. 

For me, they are not a central part of my story.

As I round off this piece, I can hear Him say:

"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this Kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:
 
I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'

"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about?When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink?... Then the King will say, I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me ---- you did it to me" MATTHEW 25:34-40
He says further:
 
"Don't hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or - worse! - stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it's safe from moth and rust and burglars.

It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being". MATTHEW 6:19-21

With this consciousness that one day, life won't be exactly as it is today, I pray God to help me give attention to things which will count later and forever. Let me provide that solution He created me for. 

In my old age, let memories of my youth bring sincere smiles not regrets.At the end, let all He helped me do resonate in times and eternity.

This is the life I want to live.
"The Life I Want To Live" I Don't Want To Waste My Life Pursuing Things Which Won't Count In Posterity And Eternity - Omen Bassey Reviewed by sirealsilver on April 25, 2017 Rating: 5 I don't want to waste my life pursuing things which won't count in posterity and eternity.I don't want to live in the mun...

No comments: