Daily Success! He cried in the morning - Ezekiel Atang - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Daily Success! He cried in the morning - Ezekiel Atang



2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing”



I am reminded of a little drama that took place in my house with one of my sons. In his primary school days, he could get careless with his assignments from school at times. So, his teachers began to discipline him when he failed to do his homework, and it became effective. On one blessed morning, just before going to school, we found him crying profusely, and we found out he had forgotten one particular home work. We suggested he presented it the next day since he was already late for school, but he refused. He did not want to appear in school without his homework done; he rather preferred to be late to school.

Well, he was late to school that day because the home work had to be done. When I saw that, I was reminded of our homework, given to us by the Lord Jesus Himself, before He ascended. He has asked us to preach the gospel to every creature, and making disciples of them. If a little boy could be so distressed about appearing before his teacher without his homework, it baffles me that believers are the least bothered about appearing before God without the assignment of souls accomplished. For we will appear before the judgement seat of Christ to present our homework or assignment; and chiefest of which is the mission to save the lost. An ancient song writer (Charles C. Luther) said “shall I go an empty handed, must I meet my Saviour so? Not one soul with which to greet Him? Must I an empty-handed go”?

As we can see in our text, Paul was excited to meet with Jesus because he had finished his assignment. He had many souls to present to the master, and he was sure of receiving his crown which is partly the reward for his soul winning mission. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to meet with Him without a completed assignment. I want to bring trophies of souls to Jesus by all means possible. Please share this quest with me; let this become your passion. Determine that no soul will end up in a godless eternity in Jesus Name.

Receive grace to finish your assignment in Jesus Name.


Assignment/Prayer
-Lord please forgive me for ever trivializing the eternity of the lost souls around me in Jesus Name.
-Lord please forgive me for procrastinating my homework and assignment of reaching the lost.
-Lord please fill my heart with passion for lost souls in Jesus Name.
-Cause me to value souls the way you do in Jesus Name.
-Father install in me that sense of urgency where souls are concerned in Jesus Name.


Nugget
If a little boy could be so distressed about appearing before his teacher without his homework, then believers should be really bothered about how they will appear before God.



Daily Success! He cried in the morning - Ezekiel Atang Reviewed by sirealsilver on November 26, 2017 Rating: 5 2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up ...

No comments: