A'Ibom: The Return Of The Stolen Udung Uko LGA Transformers - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

A'Ibom: The Return Of The Stolen Udung Uko LGA Transformers

Image may contain: 1 person

Some few months back,I had a visit from some youths of Udung Uko Local Government Area,their mission was very simple and the information was direct and of utmost community interest.
 

I was informed that some demi gods youths from the LGA has carted away and sold two of the transformers that were in the local government secretariat.
 
That would not have appealed to me much because I realised that there has been a pathetic set of youths in the area who have constituted themselves into a nuisance putrid group,and these youths are supported by elements who believed they are the alpha and omega in the local government politics.

But I was concern on two grounds,firstly because the property they stole equally belongs to me and secondly because the stories was rife that the inglorious act was done in connivance with the local government Transition Chairman..Mr. Godwin Okponung.
 
I had almost forgotten about the issue when some weeks later,another set of youths came calling with the same message and with an additional indictment on the person of the Chairman,that he has actually secure the release of some culprits who were arrested in connection with the stealing of the transformers. 

I know I have to do something to sustained the reason ,confidence and the expectations these group of youths require from me,I had to call the Transition Chairman and told him point blank the issue at stake and my expectation from him and he was responsive and responsible enough to give me a detailed ,vivid explanation of what actually transpired .
 
Mr. Godwin Okponung briefed me of his concerted effort to secure the return of the transformers and invited me to join him to State Police headquarters at Ikot Akpan Abia which I obliged.
Series of events and interactions took place which is not necessary here.
 
However,yesterday I was privileged to have a call from the distinguished Paramount Ruler of Udung Uko LGA,HRM RT Hon.Bassey Etim Edet inviting me to come to the police headquarters, which I couldn't because of my engagement.
 
The bottom line of this post is that yesterday I witness as the transformers were off loaded in the council secretariat and I want to thank the Transition Chairman,Paramount Ruler and every concern youths of Udung Uko LGA who emphasized that our collective property that was stolen by these unscrupulous, faceless thieves be returned.
 
And may I sound a note of warning to the perpetrators of those shameful act to desist from such life and attitudes as WE WOULD NO LONGER WATCHED AS OUR COLLECTIVE RESOURCES ARE ARROGANTLY AND CARELESSLY STOLEN BEFORE OUR WATCHFUL EYES.

UDUNG UKO LGA BELONGS TO US ALL AND WE MUST JEALOUSLY PROTECT AND PRESERVE THE PUBLIC RESOURCES AND UTILITY WE HAVE.
THANKS.
D SAGE
A'Ibom: The Return Of The Stolen Udung Uko LGA Transformers Reviewed by sirealsilver on June 15, 2017 Rating: 5 Some few months back,I had a visit from some youths of Udung Uko Local Government Area,their mission was very simple and the informat...

No comments: