The Victims(part 18) "This Is Sad. I Can't Believe That Augustus Used To Beat Wendy." Arusi Said Softly - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

The Victims(part 18) "This Is Sad. I Can't Believe That Augustus Used To Beat Wendy." Arusi Said Softly

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

I opened my eyes, looking startled when I saw Police vans in front of Wendy's house.
The red and blue siren light reflected into my eyes.


I saw Wendy being laid on a stretcher and covered with a white sheet.

"What the hell happened?" I asked Arusi tearily.

"Oh Etiene, thank God you are here, the neighbors said they had a serious fight as usual." Arusi said breathing fast.

She shook her head and nestled against Andre who was quiet all through the incident.

A white woman dressed in a pyjamas approached us.

"Who is Etiene?" She tried to pronounce my name.

"it's me." I said, my voice trembling in the cold.

"Wendy talked so much about you. She gave me a journal to give to you. She said you had the password, I don't know." She said in a trembling tone, as she hands the Journal to me.

"Are you aware of what happened ma'am" I asked, as I got the journal from her.

"Augustus was the wrong man for Wendy. Most of the times, he came back home late and then all you is noise of screams and yells.

He beats Wendy almost every single day. Even when I alerted the police, they
picked him two months ago when he hit his wife's face on a jacuzzi bathtub uncountable times, she passed out, if not for the help of Doctor Escada, our neighbor." She said in a shaky old voice.

"I hope she will be fine this time."

Moments later, Augustus was taken out of the house, his hands chained to the handcuffs. His eyes were red, his face filled with bloody bruises and marks.

"This is sad. I can't believe that Augustus used to beat Wendy." Arusi said softly.

"I am in shock myself." I retorted.

"I don't know what will make a man beat up a woman, it's crazy! How can you beat a woman you love?" Andre asked.

I drew in a shuddering breath as I stared at Wendy being taken into the Emergency van.

"I think I should stay with her. You two can go continue with your honeymoon, she will be fine." I said warmly as I hand over Fiona to Arusi in a hurry.
**********

Tears ran through my eyes as I watched Wendy lying on the stretcher. It became clear that we were both victims of domestic violence.

As we got to the hospital, the emergency unit rushed Wendy out of the stretcher and placed her on a bed.

I ran after her, the nurses didn't let me inside the ward. But I could view what they were doing to her from the glass window.

I stood still like a mannequin watching as the doctors tried to revive Wendy from her unconscious state but she wasn't responding, My hands trembling violently.

A doctor dressed in blue uniform walked gently to me. It was as if he was in slow motion, I stared at him until he got to were I stood.

"I am sorry ma'am, We lost her." he said, his mouth was moving, but I couldn't hear what he was saying anymore. The first line of sentence he made sounded in my head like a bomb blast.

"What do you mean doctor?"

"She is dead. She had severe internal bleeding, and also had a miscarriage. We couldn't help her. I am sorry."

The doctor sounded like a recording, I imagined him saying the same thing to Arusi, in the exact tone.

I turned and looked at her lifeless body on that bed, tears streamed out of my eyes, I wept unconditionally as the nurses covered her face with a white sheet.

Story written by VickyBon
The Victims(part 18) "This Is Sad. I Can't Believe That Augustus Used To Beat Wendy." Arusi Said Softly Reviewed by sirealsilver on April 30, 2017 Rating: 5 I opened my eyes, looking startled when I saw Police vans in front of Wendy's house. The red and blue siren light reflected into m...

No comments: