I Have No Problem Being Benched Ahead Of Thursday's Decisive Derby With Manchester United - Aguero - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

I Have No Problem Being Benched Ahead Of Thursday's Decisive Derby With Manchester United - Aguero


Sergio Aguero insists he does not have a problem with being left out of the Manchester City team ahead of Thursday's decisive derby with Manchester United in the Premier League.


The Argentina international endured a spell on the bench for City following the January arrival of Brazilian Gabriel Jesus, who then suffered a fractured metatarsal that kept him out of action for two months.

Aguero was on target for the fifth game in a row when he scored in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final defeat to Arsenal and the 28-year-old insists there was no issue with manager Pep Guardiola during his time out of the team.

"I've always adapted to whatever the manager has decided," Aguero told Sky Sports. "When I was on the bench, it wasn't a problem.

"Pep spoke to me and told me he was going with Gabriel Jesus. I just had to keep training hard and trying to do well when I got the chance to restore the manager's confidence in me.

"Gabriel Jesus then picked up an injury against Bournemouth. I came on in the second half, after almost 25 days without playing 90 minutes. 

I had that initial feeling of distress and nerves linked to his injury. Gabriel Jesus was very unfortunate to be out for two months, so I had the chance to restore the manager's faith in me.

"Luckily, things are going well for me. I'm happy that he's back now and that means I'll have to be much more focused and alert when I play. If I have to start on the bench once again, I'll have to accept it. 

That's football. I always respect my coaches and I certainly respect Pep. I just want to play and give my all until the end of the season."
I Have No Problem Being Benched Ahead Of Thursday's Decisive Derby With Manchester United - Aguero Reviewed by sirealsilver on April 27, 2017 Rating: 5 Sergio Aguero insists he does not have a problem with being left out of the Manchester City team ahead of Thursday's decisive der...

No comments: