Daily Success! Standing Upon Your Watch - Ezekiel Atang - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Daily Success! Standing Upon Your Watch - Ezekiel Atang


Habakkuk 2:1 KJV

“I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved”.


It is widely known and believed that a watch refers to prayer and in many cases, it refers to prayers in the various watches of the day and night. The Jews have four watches in the day and four in the night. 

These watches are in three hours intervals. The day watch begins at 6am to 3am, the second watch is 9am to 12noon, then 12 noon to 3pm, and lastly 3pm to 6pm. The night watches begin from 6pm to 9pm, and all the way to 6am as we saw in the day watches that spanned for three hours each. So, each person and group took one watch each in prayers. And we could see that in the Acts of the Apostles they covered each watch very well.

Now, when Habakkuk talks of standing on his watch, he means a few things:


-He meant that he had his own three-hour watch for each day or a few times in the day when he would pray. We also see that it was a personal watch and not a group one; hence he said my watch.

-He made up his mind to make it a consistent and regular affair to keep himself in prayer for as long as it was necessary until God came through for him.

-He was not just going to watch or pray, but to watch to see. His physical and spiritual eyes were open to see what God would say to him. It sounds like bad English because he should be watching to hear what God would say. But he watched to see. Meaning to say that in the place of prayer you don’t just hear but you see also. When God speaks to you, your eyes would be activated to see what he says.


Beginning from tomorrow, the 8th of January, we will be standing upon our watch for 21 days to see what He would say to us as a body and as individuals concerning the year and for the rest of our lives here on earth. I pray for you that you will not miss out in Jesus Name. Drop all excuses, and complaints and join God’s people worldwide to construct and reconstruct your future and destiny in Jesus Name.

We shall be meeting daily by 5pm for the first twelve days; consecrating the twelve months of the year. Then we will break into natural groups as the fasting continues. Do all in your power not to miss one single session, including the ones that will hold in our Light House Fellowships.

Action Point
i. Kill every excuse that will prevent you from your watch tower of 21 days fast this year in Jesus Name.

ii. Engage your bible and prayer assiduously this year as the Holy Spirit would want to show you all kinds of things about your future and destiny in 2018.

iii. Engage the practice of praying in tongues the whole day as much as you can.


Prayer
-Lord please grant me grace for the exercise of prayer and fasting from tomorrow in Jesus Name.

-Lord, as I stand upon my watch, please set me on the watch tower, and do not let me go through 2018 blindly in Jesus Name.

-Lord I thank you for changing my story this year in Jesus Name.


Nugget
In the place of prayer, you don’t just hear but you see also. When God speaks to you, your eyes would be activated to see what he says.
Daily Success! Standing Upon Your Watch - Ezekiel Atang Reviewed by sirealsilver on February 07, 2018 Rating: 5 Habakkuk 2:1 KJV “I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what...

No comments: