Daily Success! The brethren of Jesus - Ezekiel Atang - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Daily Success! The brethren of Jesus - Ezekiel Atang



Matthew 25:35-36, 40 NKJV
 
“for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me'. And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.”


This month, we want to explore all the ways we can demonstrate, release and pour out our love towards God and towards men all around us. In my search, I discovered that there are groups of people that the Bible described as the brethren of Jesus. Jesus teaching by a parable, explained what would happen in the last day, as we stand before God. The sheep will be put on the right while the goats will be put on the left; and the difference between both will be in how they had treated a certain class of people, whom He further described as His brethren.

These people are the hungry, the thirsty, the sick, the stranger, naked and imprisoned. He describes them as "the least of these". I describe them as the least in society. Let it be known to us today that Jesus directly identifies with the helpless, down trodden, rejected and neglected of society. God is interested in these people who represent the poor. God is concerned about those people that society pays no attention whatsoever to. That was why He said "he that gives to the poor lends to the Lord", and God always pays back.

Show your love for Jesus today by reaching out to those who cannot help themselves. Begin with the house of God; feed the hungry, quench the thirst of the thirsty, visit those in prison, be kind to strangers, cloth the naked or those who do not have decent clothes around you. When you do things like this, you would have helped God deal with a very nagging issue in His heart. 

God cares about everyone, particularly those who fall into this category mentioned already. Such acts of kindness, help to create a balance in society and God is much pleased by such acts of kindness.
Grace to love the brethren of Jesus, in Jesus Name.

Assignment
 
i. Devote a little portion of your income to help the poor and down trodden in society, even if it is one percent.
 
ii. Search your closet and bring out clothes and shoes you no longer use, and share them amongst those who are in need.

Prayer
-Lord give me a heart for the poor and helpless in Jesus Name.
-Lord cause me to see you in the less privileged in Jesus Name.

Nugget
God is concerned about those people that society pays no attention whatsoever to. Hence reaching out to them is dealing with an issue in God’s heart.

Daily Success! The brethren of Jesus - Ezekiel Atang Reviewed by sirealsilver on October 12, 2017 Rating: 5 Matthew 25:35-36, 40 NKJV   “for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and...

No comments: