Secrets (Episode 20) I'm so sorry. Fuhad will always be my first son" - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Secrets (Episode 20) I'm so sorry. Fuhad will always be my first son"


It was obvious she wasn't getting enough rest, so Mrs Danladi told the Doctor to admit her in the hospital while she took Fuhad and his nanny to her house so she could keep an eye on the boy.
 

This gave Usman more time and space for his philandering. Even Akeem was no match for him.

"You are just visiting me after twenty four hours in the hospital Usman. Is this fair? What have I done to deserve this? Should I blame God for giving you an erection Usman?" Tonia lamented.

"I'm sorry. I was not in Lagos. I had a meeting with the presidency in Abuja. I am coming straight from the airport.

You know how important you are to me. I would never joke with you, especially now that you're carrying my own son."

"What did you just say Usman? Are you saying Fuhad is not your son? Don't make me shed more tears because of you Usman." The tears were rolling now.

"No. No. That didn't come out right. I am just excited at the prospect of fathering a child, that's all. I didn't mean it that way.

I'm so sorry. Fuhad will always be my first son."

"I have a feeling you're cheating on me Usman, I'm carrying your child, taking care of your other child and can't warm your bed like I used to.

Then you decide to take your manhood to the streets. Just remember I stuck with you for five years when you couldn't make love to me.

Not once did I cheat on you. Remember that."

She concluded as she pushed her plate of food away since she couldn't eat, drank some water and laid on her back, tears entering her ears.

"Tonia, you need to stop getting yourself worked up over nothing. I'm not cheating on you. I know I will always hear about those five years.

But you weren't exactly miserable for those five years.

What I couldnt give you in the bedroom, I made up for it from my wallet and bank account. I was a good husband to you.

Damn, I am a good husband. Just concentrate on your health." He said proudly.

"Leave me alone Usman." She said quietly.

"What did you say?"

"I said you should leave. I need to be alone." She answered.

"I'll be back tomorrow. I hope you would be calm by then. Goodnight."

Usman went straight to meet Akeem and their friends at the club. He explained all that transpired between him and Tonia to Akeem.

"You are a learner bro. You don't mess your wife up all because you're getting laid outside. Imagine for a second that you were still that way, you know what I mean? Who do you see with you. When the chips are down, it's your wife that'll stick around.

Do damage control fast o. You know she's no longer the naive girl you married.

Now, she has properties and businesses in her name, she is more matured and wise. If she decides to leave you, she won't look back." Akeem broke it down for his brother.

Usman felt really stupid. But he had no plans to marry someone else, neither was he planning to divorce Tonia, he was just having fun.

The following morning, he was in Tonia's room by day break. Cap in hand begging.

"You have changed Usman. I feel like I have lost you. I told you to leave me alone last night and you left.

The man that I married wouldn't mind sleeping in the hospital passage or inside his car outside the hospital till I forgave him.

But you left me, Usman.

You left me.

Like you had an alternative. You had someone else to go to didn't you?" She was crying yet again.

The sight of her crying broke his heart. She was seated, her hair unkempt, wearing a night dress with nothing underneath. It was as if she deliberately assumed that position so he could see her well.

She had lost weight too. Her stomach was protruding under the night dress and her feet were swollen.

Usman went on his knees and begged for her forgiveness.

"I was very tired last night and I promised Akeem and the boys I'll see them. I'm sorry. I have no alrernative to you Darling. You're my always and forever."

"I'm tired of your begging. Get up and stop embarrassing me. It's fine. Now I know where I stand."
The nurse came in.

"Madam, you're supposed to raise your legs. You've refused to eat your food again. You need to eat ma. I have to inform the Doctor. Sir, please help us appeal to her, she hardly eats her food.

All she does is cry.

He blood pressure isn't too high, but it's not encouraging.

Please talk to her." She left the two of them.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. It seems all I do is bring you pain. Please stop crying. He went and sat next to her and held her to himself. She was shaking.

"When was the last time You held me like this Usman? I need you now more than ever. Can you be here for me without any strings attached? Without expecting sex from me? Is it too much to ask? Just till I have this baby." She cried.

" I promise you I'll be here for you. Always. Please I'm sorry. You actually look pale. I didn't realise it was this serious. It wasn't like this when you were pregnant with Fuhad. "

"No two pregnancies are the same." She answered him

She slept off with her head on his lap. He places her head on the pillow and placed two pillows under each of her foot.

When Tonia woke up later that night, she was surprised Usman was there. He was sleeping on the chair, holding her hand.

Usman reduced his escapades and was there more for Tonia. He sometimes bathed in the hospital and went to work from there.

He cancelled all his trips outside Lagos and made Akeem or any other member of staff represent him.

He saw the errors of his ways, But he didn't have enough self control to stop cheating on her completely.

He was addicted to sex, he needed it to get high. He couldn't survive a week without it.
______________________________________
"Suzzie, are you available? Let's meet at the usual place." Usman called to invite one of his girlfriends to meet him at their usual meeting point.

A motel in the outskirts of town.

There was something about Suzie, that made her different from the others. She knew her place. He didn't meet her at the club.

She just ended her service year in his office as a youth corper. She was in the accounts department and she was diligent in her job.

She wasn't retained because Usman had to employ someone as a favour to one of his friends. They kept in touch.

The relationship started like an accident.

Susan was by the road one day, looking to catch a bus when Usman saw her and gave her a ride.

Susan is a combination of beauty and brains. Tall, fair, slim, with curves in the right places. Usman couldn't resist.

He called her up every now and then and she was mostly available since she had not been able to get a job.

"I've missed you, I have just two hours to spend." Usman told her immediately he entered the hotel room.

She was already waiting for him.

"I've missed you too. Come to Mama."

Susan was in this for the money. Usman had lots of money to spend. She needed him to keep body and soul together.

He definitely wasn't that good in bed, and that was ok by Susan. Makes her job easier and the money coming.

In less than an hour, they were done. She showered him with compliments.

" You're the best, sugar. I've never met a man this good on bed." She lied to him, turning her nose at him when he wasn't looking.

"Yea. I'm the man. I'm transferring two hundred thousand naira to you now." He answered, pressing his phone.

He had left work early to be able to meet up with Susan and also get to the hospital on time.

They left the motel separately.

"Hey babe, how are my favourite people doing this evening?" He greeted Tonia with a kiss on her forehead.

"We are fine, actually. Today is one of the good days." She answered and smiled.

She really did look good. Her long hair was plaited, she had taken a thorough bath and asked Cecilia to bring her fresh clothes. She was even wearing a very short, floral dress. She looked beautiful.

"You look good Darling. Your skin is glowing. And your hair? What happened?" He asked with a big smile.

"I was feeling strong today, so I called up the spa and a hairdresser and pedicurist came over. I decided to plait my hair so I can pour water as I like, and did my pedicure and manicure. My nails were hideous." She laughed.

"You are as beautiful as ever. You're always beautiful." He told her.

"Come, hold me please."

"You don't have to say that again. He went to her side on the bed and held her close. He was keeping his distance initially out of guilt. He feared she might smell another woman even though he had applied a fresh dash of his perfume in the car.

"Did you apply perfume recently?" She asked.
 
#fiction
#marriage
#addictiction
#seekhelp

All rights reserved

Tolulope Fakayode-Faniran
4th June, 2017
Secrets (Episode 20) I'm so sorry. Fuhad will always be my first son" Reviewed by sirealsilver on June 21, 2017 Rating: 5 It was obvious she wasn't getting enough rest, so Mrs Danladi told the Doctor to admit her in the hospital while she took Fuhad ...

No comments: