Secrets (Episode 14) "I want a child. My child. Our child - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Secrets (Episode 14) "I want a child. My child. Our child


Usman entered the room with his bag only. Tonia looked up from her laptop to see what was in store for the day. She was disappointed.


She checked the time. 12noon. Why was he home this early?

"Won't you say hi to your husband at least? " He said, grinning.

"Hi." She said non challantly.

"Babe, your chariot awaits. I know you've always wanted to eat dinner at L'Abielle restaurant in Paris but we never had the chance. 

I was able to make a reservation. Your flight leaves in one hour."

Tonia was flabbergasted. She couldn't contain her excitement this time around. She jumped out of the bed and hugged him. Then, stepped back.

"You mean I can be there tonight?" She asked.

"Of course baby. That's why I came home early. It's just 12noon. If you leave by 1pm, you'll be in Paris latest, by 8pm, that would be 9pm in Paris." 

He was so happy to see her smile, to see her jump again. 

She had been moody the past few days, and by extension, the whole house felt like a graveyard. 

He wanted his girl back. So full of life.
 
This only confirmed his thoughts. Tonia lights up his life. His home was just a house without her.

Tonia rushed to take her bath, called up her make-up artiste. She was happy her hair was done already.

As rich as Usman was, he wasn't a waster, except where Tonia was concerned of course. She hadn't been on their private jet in a while. She still hadn't forgotten the last time they flew to Dubai in it.

"You look really beautiful honey. More beautiful than the day we got married." Usman was standing at the staircase landing. He took in her beauty all at once.

Tonia looked ravishing in a long, gold dinner dress. It was embellished with swarovski stones from top to bottom. 

She let her long hair down and topped it up with a pair of diamond studs. She looked like a goddess.

"And why are you standing there, undressed? I thought you would be dressed by now." She was surprised.

"I didn't want to force myself on you. Since it seems seeing me makes you uncomfortable, I don't want to ruin the experience for you." He answered, hoping and praying that she'll invite him.

"What woman goes to a romantic restaurant without a man? It's a taboo. Go get dressed fast." She commanded him.

"I thought you'll never ask." He muttered as he rushed up the stairs.

They had an uneventful flight, they talked about the memories they had made. All the planned trips, the romantic getaways, and the bedroom fights. 

Tonia slept off during the flight and Usman watched her sleep. She was his sleeping beauty.

The restaurant was indescribable, it was divine. A paradise on its own. Tonia enjoyed herself and she slept throughout the flight back home.
 
They got home around 8am the following morning and Tonia was still exhausted. She had a shower and went back to bed.

Usman wanted to join her in bed but the look on her face sent him back. He went back to the guest room.
 
He wasn't happy, but they were now talking at least. That made his day. It was obvious she was going nowhere.

When he got to his office later that morning, his brother was already waiting for him. Waiting to hear the outcome of the trip.

"It was beautiful Akeem. You need to be there." Usman said, laughing.

"I need to be where? L'Abielle is so last year." Akeem said.

"What? You are a rogue. So that's how you spend money. Always ahead of everyone in the enjoyment department. You took your wife, yes?"

"Before nko? I for take girlfriend? Those girls are not loyal, mhen. They come and go. Sheraton will do when I want to wound them. 

You need to see the way they scream when I take them on the private jet to Abuja for dinner. That kind of spending is reserved for the Mrs." He laughed hard.

"You will never change."

"Hope Madam is back in the game? The navigator taught you well."

"We're talking now. Though I'm yet to be let back into the bedroom. But I'm hopeful."

"She had better cooperate. She wouldn't try such drama with me. I'm the navigator man." Akeem boasted.

"You can boast, you have what it takes."

"It's not that Bro, she's taking advantage of your situation and it's not fair. Maybe I should talk some sense into her." Akeem insisted.

"But she's never been like that. She has not for once in the last four years made me feel less than a man. The way you see her relate with me, is the way she does when no one is there. 

Akeem, I can't afford to lose her. 

I hurt her you know. She took me the way I was, yet I hid something important from her."

"True, true, Bro, but for how long will she punish you? She should think of your health abeg. I hope you've been eating well and taking your meds.?"

"Yes, both breakfast and dinner are always ready on time, just like it used to be. Cecillia serves me, but I think she sees to the meals as nothing has changed. 

Fresh juice, my medications, everything the way I like them. One more reason I know she's just hurt."

"Hmm. If that's the case, it's time to go big. What is that thing she has always wanted but out of reach? 

Something tangible. I mean something she can always see."

"Hmmm. It's the spa that she's been on about, and the plaza is being built in her name, we've also ordered for the spa equipment. All paid for."

"That won't count since she knows about it already. Can you buy her the latest Ford Expedition?"

"She's not crazy about cars like Lateefah. She could drive a wheelbarrow as long as it works." Usman answered.

"Then what can you get for her? There should be something that'll buy her over finally. Something she'll never forget. Something irresistible."

Usman was thinking hard.

"Hmmm, like a landed property? There's this new estate close to Ajah, one of my friends just moved to his house there. 

She was in love with the place when we went for the house warming. There was a place just completed up for sale then. Do you think that would work?"

"You got it Bro. You've been trained by the best. Now you're thinking like me. Go big or go home baby." 

Akeem said, shaking Usman's hand.

"I'll make some calls now, but it'll be pricey." Usman speculated.

"Forget pricey, can it be more than a hundred million? I told you those girls out there ain't loyal. I must confess, I initially thought Tonia was going to do "chop and run" for you, but she has shown she's here for the long haul. 

If she wanted to leave, this would have been the perfect opportunity, but she's still sticking around. 

Let me tell you, if I offend Lateefah and she threatens to leave, I would do all this and more. She's my wife, the mother of my kids."

Usman called his friend who in turn gave him the property developer's contact. The asking price was a hundred and fifty million naira. 

The compound contained four duplexes.

He called the company's lawyer and property manager. 

They went to assess the building together, and Usman went back to the office while they went with the developer to work on the formalities and legal documentation.

Tonia welcomed him with a smile that evening. She served him dinner and they ate together.

When it was time to retire for the night, she bade him goodnight with an air of finality. He knew she needed more time.

Tonia cried again that night. She had to brace herself for the hospital appointments, the prodding, the tests, injections and what not. 

She had made up her mind to go ahead with the artificial insemination. She didn't even care whose sperm they would use. 

She had missed out on real sex, there's no way she was going to miss out on pregnancy and motherhood too.

She woke up the following morning and saw to her husband's breakfast.

"You look like you didn't sleep much. Your eyes are red. Is it because of me? Have you been crying? Tonia please let me in, don't shut me out." He begged her.

" I'm fine Usman. I just didn't sleep well. I'll go back to bed so I can sleep before I head out later in the day."

"Look babe, I know a lot of things are going through your mind now, but I want to assure you that all will be well. 

I will do anything you want. Just talk to me. I can't stand this separation anymore. I hate sleeping alone. 

But if you're not yet comfortable with me in the bedroom, it's okay. 

Just don't shut me out. Shout at me if you want, just let me know what's on your mind." He held her hands tight.

"I'm lost Usman. I think......."

He didn't allow her finish, he kissed her on the lips. He had wanted to do that for days.

He held her hands and they went upstairs. He grabbed her and started kissing her as they entered the bedroom.

"Usman wait. We need to talk. I mean talk." She said, as she sat on the sofa.
 
He followed her without a word.

"I want a child. My child. Our child. I think having a child would do us both a lot of good. I'll prefer the artificial insemination."

"It's okay wifey, it's okay. I was never against it from the get go. It even covers my shame the more. Lots of things happen behind closed doors in many marriages that outsiders don't get to know of. 

This would be our own secret."

"So, you agree?" She said, her face brightened.

"Yes, I agree, is that all?" He asked.

"One more thing, we need to decide on whose sperm to use. 

And I'm sure you'll get better, by then, we can have another child or children by you."

"Can we conclude on that later? I promise I won't take long. Please. I'm not in the right frame of mind to think about that now."

"It's alright, just don't take too long."

"Can I kiss my wife now? It's been five days of no kissing. I've not been able to check my B.P since then. All I think about is you."

She kissed him, and he kissed her right back. They were both on the bed, getting undressed when Usman's phone rang.

"I need to go somewhere, and I'll be glad if you accompany me." He informed her after receiving the call.
 
"Will you buy me ice cream? Coffee ice cream." She teased.

"You and this your coffee ice cream. I won't buy it. Does that mean you won't follow me?" He asked.

"I'll follow you because you can't do without me." She said, laughing.

"I hear you, I won't even argue or deny it. Just get ready. We leave in thirty minutes." He got up to get dressed.

"Where are we going?" She asked for the third time. Everytime she asked, Usman managed to change the subject.
 
#fiction
#girlchild
#fertility

All rights reserved
 
Written By Tolulope Fakayode-Faniran
1st June, 2017
Secrets (Episode 14) "I want a child. My child. Our child Reviewed by sirealsilver on June 21, 2017 Rating: 5 Usman entered the room with his bag only. Tonia looked up from her laptop to see what was in store for the day. She was disappoin...

No comments: