In Broad Daylight (Episode 2) "Ehn? I should shut up?" She asks amidst her sobs - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

In Broad Daylight (Episode 2) "Ehn? I should shut up?" She asks amidst her sobs


Haaaa, what do we do now? Austin, did you kill her? What did you do to her? Is she dead? Why is she not answering? Is she just sleeping? She is cold, is that normal?"


These and many more were the questions Mercy kept asking poor Austin. She was so out of control, crying and putting her hands on her head while pacing all over the office.

"Shut up!" Austin snapped trying his best not to shout.

"Ehn? I should shut up?" She asks amidst her sobs.

"Yes, I said shut up. Let me think and let's be sure of what's happening first before you start having an epileptic fit."

Mercy tries to calm down and stop talking as Austin checks Mrs. A's (as she's called among her staff) pulse.

He checks her neck and wrist. But there was no pulse. Nothing.

It was obvious she was dead.

In fact, dead before they came into the office.

"When was the last time you interacted with her Mercy?" He asks facing her.

"Erm, erm, some minutes, no an hour. She told me to search for a file that was supposed to be on her table."

"Ok, was that the last time you saw her? Did you find the file?"

"Yes, I found it in the accountant's office. Then I brought it to her but she seemed to be asleep so I just dropped the file and went back to my office. You came in few minutes after that."

"Ok, we need to inform the others......."

Mercy doesn't wait for him to finish, she's rushing out of the office, he goes after her and pulls her by the arm.

"You are as tactless as ever, what are you trying to do? You just want to start running all over the building telling people Madam is dead abi? Mtcheeew."

"Yes now, abi what should I do? Let's tell them quickly so they don't think we killed her. Abi na you kill her?"

"Can you just shut up and think for once? I think we should tell the manager so he will think of a way to disseminate the information. We might need to inform the police too.

"OK, sha let's go and tell anybody. I can't keep this to myself. I can't stay in this office anymore.

They leave the office and walk hurriedly to the Manager's office, which is on the second floor of the three storey building.

The people they met along the way gave them curious glances as the pair looked agitated and the fact that
Austin was walking with Mercy was strange.

Austin wasn't one given to small talk, so he couldn't stand Mercy who is a chatter box.

They told the Manager, Mr. Ibrahim what had happened and the man could not believe he was hearing right.

The middle aged man jumped to his feet, screaming; "Subuanallahi, subuanallahi,"

He was as shocked and agitated as they were.

"What do we do now?" He asked facing Austin.

"Why do you people keep asking me what to do. I'm a purchase officer, not a police officer abeg." He blurted out, frustrated, not minding that he was addressing his senior colleague.

"Yes, we need to inform the police." He says as he picks up his phone to call.

"In the mean time, gather everyone except those attending to clients, do not tell them anything, to the board room. I will address them once I've informed the police." Mr. Ibrahim says.

"Yes sir," Mercy starts going.

"Not you Mercy, this is not another one of your celebrity gossip topics. Sit down there, Austin would do that. I need you here for when the police comes as you are most likely the last person to see her alive."

"Ha. Oga, no be me kill her o! And I no wan come office today o. In fact, I take leg jam stone as I dey comot for house. Who say make I come ooooo?"

She keeps ranting as Mr. Ibrahim talks to the D.P.O of the nearest police station on phone. The man knows Mrs.Adebute personally as he helps them with security and theft issues in the company building from time to time.

"The police would be here shortly, let's go to the boardroom so I can address everyone before they arrive."
They both proceed to the third floor which coincidentally, contains the M.D's office, the boardroom, and the consulting room where Mrs. A consulted with clients. It also contained the fitting rooms and spa.

Mr. Ibrahim made sure to confirm what he was told by checking Mrs.Adebute's office to see her for himself.
And it was sadly true.

They get into the boardroom to meet a good number of the staff waiting anxiously to know why they were summoned from their dutyposts. Even the seamstresses and tailors who worked in the mini factory which occupied the whole of the ground floor were not exempted.
 
#fiction

All rights reserved

Written By Tolulope Fakayode Faniran
In Broad Daylight (Episode 2) "Ehn? I should shut up?" She asks amidst her sobs Reviewed by sirealsilver on June 15, 2017 Rating: 5 Haaaa, what do we do now? Austin, did you kill her? What did you do to her? Is she dead? Why is she not answering? Is she just slee p...

No comments: