Faith Can Be Seen - By P. Ezekiel Atang - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Faith Can Be Seen - By P. Ezekiel Atang


 Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting

James‬ ‭2:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬
 
“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.”


There have been all kinds of interpretations of these verses of scripture with all manner of arguments. But I am so uninterested in all the theology behind these verses and some more behind them.

The simple meaning of these verses lies in the fact that James was talking about loving in deeds and not just in words (verses 14-16).

James felt it was useless to have what someone needs, and instead of giving them what they have requested of you, you rather send them away with a prayer of faith; "like be warm in Jesus Name", or "receive it in a Jesus Name". So, he said that kind of action is like faith without works.

What qualifies faith are the actions that back up the faith. So, in this text, I believe that James was making reference mainly to the actions of faith than the works of "might and power", or human effort; as many have postulated. If you really believe a thing you will demonstrate it by some steps that you take.

If I knew that God will bless me with a House, then I could go ahead to get my architectural drawings ready, with or without a land.

If I know that God will bless me with a car, then I must take action by reserving a parking space for it in my compound or even build a garage for it for that matter.

If you have the faith that you will marry this year, then go ahead and prepare by reading all that you should about men and or women, as the case may be; that is faith in action.

This therefore brings us to the understanding that faith can be seen. If you say you have faith, then show it by your works, or your faith actions and faith moves and steps.

Don't just say it, do it. Don't just wish it, make moves. Don't stop at believing it, act it. The steps you take will compel God to act on your behalf without fail.

Receive grace to act your faith in a Jesus Name.

Assignment

i. Thank God for this revelation today.

ii. Think of all the faith actions you can take on any matter of interest in your life.

iii. Act now.

Prayer
-Lord I do not just believe you but I take the steps necessary from today in Jesus Name.
-Lord please inspire my steps and faith actions in a Jesus Name.

Nugget

If you say you have faith, then show it by your works; don't just say it, do it, don't just wish it, make moves and don't stop at believing it, act it.
Faith Can Be Seen - By P. Ezekiel Atang Reviewed by sirealsilver on June 24, 2017 Rating: 5   James‬ ‭2:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬   “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, an...

No comments: