Arsenal Must Strengthen Their Squad If They Want To Challenge For Major Titles - Ozil - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Arsenal Must Strengthen Their Squad If They Want To Challenge For Major Titles - Ozil

Image result for ozil pictures

Mesut Ozil has urged Arsenal to strengthen their squad if they want to challenge for major titles.
The Gunners have failed to win the Premier League since 2003-04, while they have been unable to make an impact in the Champions League since reaching the final in 2005-06.


Ozil is slowly growing frustrated with Arsenal's inability to genuinely fight for silverware and feels they must spend big in order to battle Europe's elite clubs.

"I think the club know they need to strengthen," Ozil told the Daily Mail. "But what is most important is the manager's opinion. He and the club will make the decision.

"When you look at our squad, it is not as broad as Bayern Munich's or Real Madrid's. In the Champions League, that is not enough, especially against big teams, because they have more breadth in their squad.

"I want to win the Champions League and the title. I see this club as having the potential to win these trophies. 

When every year you see the chance, think it is really possible against big teams and then have a big defeat, it affects me because I have always wanted to achieve big goals and always will. I want to win the Champions League.

"As a player you are never satisfied. As a player you want more, you want to win the league. I would like to win the Champions League too, because it is the biggest thing in club football. 

This club is big, they have potential to achieve a lot and I hope that works better in the future. I have one more year on my contract. I hope to win the title and the Champions League here."
Arsenal Must Strengthen Their Squad If They Want To Challenge For Major Titles - Ozil Reviewed by sirealsilver on April 09, 2017 Rating: 5 Mesut Ozil has urged Arsenal to strengthen their squad if they want to challenge for major titles. The Gunners have failed to win th...

No comments: