Federer relishing Nadal blockbuster - ´I´m very excited' he says - Sirealsilver

728x90 AdSpace

Federer relishing Nadal blockbuster - ´I´m very excited' he says


The excitement is building for the showdown between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, and the players themselves are relishing the last-16 clash at the BNP Paribas Open.


Federer overcame Nadal in a thrilling Australian Open final in January, and the two greats will treat fans again in one of tennis' most celebrated rivalries at Indian Wells on Wednesday.

A quarter-final berth is up for grabs as 18-time grand-slam winner Federer and Nadal do battle for the 36th time, with the latter and 14-time major champion leading their head-to-head 23-12.

After edging Steve Johnson 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-4) on Tuesday, four-time Indian Wells champion Federer told reporters: "I'm very excited. That's why I came here, play against guys like Rafa. Now we have it.
"Australia helps me a little bit, but at the end of the day, I'm still in the comeback.

Federer relishing Nadal blockbuster - ´I´m very excited' he says Reviewed by sirealsilver on March 15, 2017 Rating: 5 The excitement is building for the showdown between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, and the players themselves are relishing the last...

No comments: